PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 14th Nov 2010, 11:38
CaptainBarbosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chesh01
Amen, Brother.
In my opinion, that is the way to protect pay and conditions in these accountant driven days. Make the company think that you are value for money ... by providing more value for money. Striking and moaning, disrupting and sticking to the letter of agreements rather than applying a bit of common sense and a touch of empathy for our pasengers will only make a work group look expensive.
Displaying a sense of entitlement is probably a fairly rapid way of losing that entitlement. I hope my pilot collegues realise this too as I think the company will be asking all employees to take on more responsibilities and more accountabilities, both inside and outside the sphere of our "day job." Those departments who are willing will be seen as valuable (and, I believe, will get more satisfaction and enjoyment, out of work life.) The others, I imagine, will be fighting a rearguard action all the way to a sidelined existance firmly in BA's "costbase."
Regards
Barbosa.
(All my own opinions and not those of my employer.)