PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Body Scanners: Will you go for the genital feel up or the nude photos and a cancer?
Old 14th Nov 2010, 04:00
belowMDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helmut just touched on a point I was going to make. Has the time come for pilots to look at setting up a professional organisation that has the scope to fight or influence matters like this? It would need to represent pilots in a non industrial manner in order to delineate between employer based grievances and legislative issues. Doctors have them, lawyers have them and I am sure many other professions have them. I know at times we seem to struggle to speak with a unified voice when it comes to industrial matters but I wonder if it may be easier when you remove the employer bias. I sometimes think we might get taken a bit more seriously if it were not a union leading the fight on government policy matters and the like.
For all I know it may have been tried and then put in the too hard basket but if so maybe it's worth another look.

As to the scan, I will not be subjecting myself to it. The pat down is the lesser of the two evils in this case. If there is enough of a groundswell against the scanners then changes will need to be made. Hopefully that change is not removing the pat down option!