PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 14th Nov 2010, 01:42
Sunshine Express

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, I would like to state that it is such a shame for all our really great Cabin Crew that we are in this situation. Next, that I really do feel that Unite/BASSA/Amicus have badly let their members down.

With regard to Duncan's latest posting....

This is the best written and convincing argument that I have read from him, however, please stop and think about what he hasn't written.

He lists 4 objections/suggestions to the present offer.

No mention of reduced crewing levels imposed by BA (the original dispute), so that is OK.
No mention of New Fleet/Mixed Fleet, imposed by BA since the dispute, so that's OK.
No mention of an improved pay offer which would be affordable as New Fleet cost savings are in addition to the targeted cost savings of the reduced crew levels.

Still with me? What does he actually ask for?

1. Reinstatement of staff travel with all perks immediately reinstated. [for when I get my job back and long into retirement].

2. I demand yet another hearing to get MY job back.

3. Sickness during strike. Probably doesn't affect "me" but worth a go

4. When I have MY job back, I want/demand as much time off as I choose for supposed union duties.

Read it again below and ask yourself, what is he asking for your benefit?

"Firstly, there must be a complete return of staff travel with all its seniority. To accept a company have the right to punish people who legally withdraw their labour is to accept the end for trade unionism...end off. This punishment has already been in place 7 months now and, for people like Brendan Barber of the TUC to sit back and not address this fundamental attack on rights also undermines his position. (Also there must be a complete removal of any threats to remove staff travel in the future “at their sole discretion”).
Secondly, and I think this is one issue where we are nearly there - a binding and independent ACAS arbitration of all disciplinaries connected to the dispute. I’ll say no more on this for now.
Thirdly, either BA accepting those sick during strike action were genuine and redressing deduction from wages issues or accepting the matter be allowed to progress to the courts.
The removal of threats if a new negotiated facilities agreement cannot be reached within 8 weeks."

Last edited by Sunshine Express; 14th Nov 2010 at 02:23.