PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 13th Nov 2010, 18:02
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MissM
Abbey Road

People applying for MF are probably doing it for many different reasons but many are undoubtedly doing it because they get to wear the BA uniform and really don't care about the package itself. This has been discussed before but it should be interesting to hear BA's explanation to market rate plus 10%.

You say that an awful lot of people in BA are fed up with the BASSA militant die-hards. Did you ever stop to think that we are possibly fed up with other people interfering our dispute?
It's that protectionist, isolationist attitude that has made an awful lot of people fed up with BASSA die-hards, MissM. You cannot conduct a dispute which has such a material potential effect on the other employees of BA without expecting them to, at the very least, have an opinion and, for some, get involved in diminishing the impact.

Of course, I expect that your answer to that is the, now well-worn, answer that had no-one got involved then this would have been over months, if not years, ago. The fact is it may well have been but neither of us know for a fact how that may have looked. Your belief is that it may have resulted in a resounding "win" for BASSA. Mine is not. Neither of us can ever prove that so it remains no more than a supposition on both our parts.

It speaks volumes about the self-perception you appear to have that you think everyone else should've just sat back on the sidelines and watched whilst you attempted to implode the company from within. Just as you consider your dispute to be legitimate, so do those who have an opinion feel their intervention and opinion is just as legitimate.

You'd be breathtakingly naive or arrogant to assume you could, or should be able to, conduct it in a vacuum.

For the avoidance of any doubt I bear you no ill-will but I do think you tend to the philosophy of trying to write the ground rules of such issues to suit your argument and then argue from that starting point rather than debating the issues themselves as they present, not as you seem to wish to, i.e, apportion blame for your unhappiness in the manner of their presentation, or their very existence in the first place. It smacks of a lack of personal and collective responsibility to me.

MrB

Last edited by MrBunker; 13th Nov 2010 at 19:14. Reason: Punctuation Errata