PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to train for a PPL North of London
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2010, 15:42
IanPZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Janu, A&C,

Thanks for that. I did look at Stapleford, but its just under an hour away, and that doesn't take fighting the M25 traffic into consideration. My best bet for learning will be end of day during the week (come the summer) and Stapleford would add 2+ hours just to get there and back!

So, not Panshanger then? I read through some of the previous posts, and it seemed like a lot of negative feedback a couple of years ago, then a bunch of people saying they had taught or learnt there in the last year, and it was great. Am I being too naive?

Booker, that's wymcombe air park, right? Is that worth considering over firecrest then? I think that's what you're saying. Its almost as far in the other direction as Stapleford, but I can work out of an office near there if I want, so its a possible. It was just when I added up all the costs, they were a good £1500 more expensive than Denham.

As for the circuit at Elstree. Is that a good thing or bad? Not sure what you mean. I've not started yet, so my total knowledge is all the stuff I have read.

Thanks a lot

IPZ