PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marginal Airports (UK)
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2010, 15:39
Ironside0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You only have to read the Blackpool forum on here to read the sorry tale of a marginal airport,first fall out with your largest operator (Ryanair) then introduce a fee for using the virually non existant facilities,Hmm we are still open ,i know lets fall out with our remaining large operator (Jet2) by withdrawing ATC and fire cover after 9pm even though we were quite happy to let them timetable flights at those times,resulting in Jet2 getting a court judgement in their favour,Hmm what can we do now say the management ,Eureka ! lets downgrade fire cover so Jet2 cant operate a 733 size a/c that should do it!
They are obviously hoping to annoy airlines & passengers (like me a once regular flyer) enough to create uncertanty about booking from there again....
I love to use smaller airports when i can ,for all the obvious reasons of speed through the terminal etc,no one expects loads of facilities but the way some are being run makes you think they really dont want your buisness and like Balfour Beatty at Blackpool must be looking at the land for other uses