PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 12th Nov 2010, 18:26
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Dual ground,

You miss the whole point. I am not bothered about whether I wear the hat or not, what I am bothered about is, the fact that I have been a loyal employee and I did not strike, like 50% of other crew and am being made to feel like I am a second class citizen. Whether this is being done on purpose or not dose not alter how it makes many of us, who have been loyal, feel in our hearts.

Mixed Fleet is being brought in in a very uncaring way, to them and us current crew.

Can you imagine how horrid it is for these new young crew to be wearing a hat when hundreds of other crew in the Crew Report Centre are not wearing hats.I have received PM's from new crew saying they are unhappy wearing the hat and it makes them feel awkward. I don't think that's fair do you?

Hats or NO hats we should all look the same. It is going to be at least 10 years before Mixed Fleet is even 50 % of the workforce. Do you think it a sensible decision to have two different standards of uniform. Why not just have us all wear the same uniform and when it gets changed then bring in changes for everyone.

But of course deriding current crew that have done nothing more than work for their employer and cross a picket line, I expect is good sport for you. Not living through this hell like some of us are I don't expect you have any idea how dreadful this is for some of us.

Of course I am worried about other things but having not been in the union since last year I am powerless to do anything about it. I just think it surprising that BA want to alienate the 50% of crew that did back them by making us feel no longer valued. That's all.