PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Nov 2010, 16:29
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The issue is about presenting our customers with a consistant standard of crew and level of service.
I think not! Consistency means 'the same'! This is about presenting our customers with two different standards of crew and levels of service and, if BA have their numbers right, we'll have a decade of double standards before there is even a 50/50 split.

While it's unusual for me to have anything pro-BASSA to say, I can see why they have decided not to recommend the offer having read the appendix about legal redress. The crew who have lost their jobs have paid their union dues for many years on the understanding that they would receive support, both legal and financial, from Unite should they ever need legal representation in a dispute with their employer. For a union to then sign away that right as part of a 'deal' would be dodging their obligation to those members. Arguably, protecting that right could be the most, if not only, responsible behaviour we have seen from them in the past two years.

It doesn't matter what we think about whether those people should have lost their jobs, what matters is their right to test that decision in an industrial tribunal should they so wish.

Last edited by ottergirl; 12th Nov 2010 at 16:40.