PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Nov 2010, 16:17
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Bettygirl,

I totally agree with you about the downgrading of our uniform in all aspects but one. That hat! It's a mystery to me why anyone would be upset not to have one. Having worn a variety of uniforms since I started (and managed the crew wearing them) I can tell you that every uniform that we have worn a hat with has been a pain in the proverbial to manage. The last one was originally made of rabbit hair so half the crew were allergic to it, then it became the summer straw one all year round which was just hilarious in the rain! People sat on them so they looked as mishapen as many of the pilots ones do, they got left behind on board, the hat boxes shattered if you dropped them, they blew off on the apron when boarding up the stairs, and were an absolute curse if the temperature hit 30C or over. Add to that the strange effect they had on your hair and you get a picture of why, when Julian MacDonald was briefed for the new uniform, the hat was planned only for VIP flights. Be careful what you wish for you can look fantastic in your uniform without a lump of blue wool on your head.

Good to hear that the new Mixed fleet are making a good impression on line. I overheard a couple of conversations in training this week which leads me to believe that they are just the same as existing crew and all that is needed for the moaning to start is a few roster runs! We shall see!

Last edited by ottergirl; 12th Nov 2010 at 17:29.