PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Nov 2010, 15:49
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

esseedeedee,

Actually there are two standards being worked to.

The uniform guidelines that most staff in BA are asked to work to are very different to those that Mixed Fleet, crew idols and the New York crew out of London City have been given.

Most crew and the ground staff, and these have only last November been relaxed, are allowed to have their jackets open or closed, can wear a cardigan or Jumper under their Jacket, can use or not use the handbag, are allowed to use, and these items are actually mentioned in the standards, the retro BA bag with the 80's logo and the longchamps bags and can use the neck scarf as a cravat or with the toggle

Mixed Fleet are however required to wear the hat, have to have their jackets done up, must use a cravat, are strictly not allowed to use the retro bag and longchamps bags and must use the BA handbag.

I would personally like us all to work to the stricter standards and these standards have always been used with previous uniforms.

I have been told by my manager that the relaxations in the regulations, came in as a result of the ground staff getting cold at some of the departure gates and wanting to use the retro bags also.

Most senior flying crew were surprised at the relaxation in the regulations and it is even more surprising seeing as Mixed Fleet are now required, only a year after the standards being relaxed, to use a stricter set.

Why not make us all work to the stricter standards!!!! At least all the flying crew. I find that you can have a whole crew all wearing it differently and it does look a mess but as a senior crew member I cannot do anything about it because it is actually to standard.

I do know that as well as this a few crew could make more of an effort with their hair etc. and I do manage this on the day myself but if we all had to comply with the new stricter standards Mixed Fleet are working to it would indeed make us all look a lot more uniform and smarter.