PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Nov 2010, 09:11
Slickster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty Girl,

I really do sympathise with your predicament, and agree with regards to the hat issue. However, I have heard the "hat" message came right from the top. I think WW really has had enough, and this was one of his ways of getting "personal", even though he claims not to do that.

I think Plodding Along summed it up nicely with the German analogy (ironic, given all the rhetoric from BASSA). Not all Germans were evil monsters in the 1930s, but somehow, they allowed their country to slide that way, because not enough people spoke up, or asked pertinent questions soon enough.

There has certainly not been enough objective analysis by most CC, but instead, most seem to have been happy to be informed by the latest "Galley FM" rumour. That's fine if its work gossip, but if you're gambling with your career, and perks, you'd think they might give it a little bit more thought than just listen to the drunken ramblings of an amateur tomato grower.

I know you're not one of them. Is it your fault? Only you can answer that to yourself. I doubt it. Some people are impressionable, and the rhetoric of amateur tomato growers can be persuasive, if that's all you listen to. That is the key. Don't listen to just one source; listen to all the sides, then make your mind up.

Just out of interest because I don't think you are cabin crew, how do you get to see what is being said on those two forums? I notice that a lot of pilots seem to have access.
We're just supa-dupa clever! No doubt a certain poster is already hot-footing it to the police station, as I type (good luck with that BTW).