PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Nov 2010, 08:27
Tray Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am the same as Betty girl, I have a good working relationship with the flight crew I work with. I have no hesitation going in and out of the flight deck and feel that some Pursers are quite happy for me to do flight deck service. I still ask, crew permitting, if I can go in the flight deck for take off and landing, much to the dislike of some, but it is always welcomed by the flight crew.

I have a number of flight crew friends and although I get a good bit of rip taking over the whole BASSA thing out of work, they know my position and no serious conversation ever ensues.

I realized at several points in the time leading up to this whole situation going pop, that my trust and confidence in BASSA was starting to wain and I started to doubt my level of commitment to the cause. I remember having several conversations with some very hard line members that re-affirmed my thoughts and when November rolled up last year, I realized that I no longer wanted to be part of something that I did not believe in. So I left. The easiest thing I have done. E-mail to BASSA and a phone call followed by an e-mail to payroll.