PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Nov 2010, 08:16
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Well this is the problem, particularly on this site, that people tar all crew with the same brush.

The truth is that most crew continue to be professional and charming to our passengers, whether they striked or did not strike and savings have been made by the removal of crew on the aircraft. I do realise that this was not agreed by Bassa but a lot of cabin crew worked and have been totally loyal to BA and are happy working to the new crew compliments.

Why is Mixed Fleet so special in the eyes of so many. I know of at least 5 newly promoted CSMs who actually striked!!!! I did not strike and I have a great relationship with all the airbus pilots I fly with and all the Turnaround Managers and ground staff. I would always be nice to new crew joining BA and have actually encouraged some young main crew to go for the job of CSM. I did not for one moment realise that Mixed Fleet would be being used to put down all the loyal hardworking crew, like it is being and quite frankly it is not fair, on the Mixed Fleet crew either, that they are being used like this by BA.

I thank Yellow pen for his more balanced view but I just wish that it were more common. It is just so sad that many crew feel so disheartened right now and a lot of us have been totally loyal to BA.