PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Body Scanners: Will you go for the genital feel up or the nude photos and a cancer?
Old 12th Nov 2010, 06:33
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Devil

As you all know I am not an airline pilot, but you have my support in any petitions or whatever comes out in the future.

I am not in favour at all......and I see the poll asked
Would you willingly submit to full body scanning
The point is willingly.

On our recent foray to Oshkosh, it was in SFO at the end of a three week trip, BeachKing and Mrs Jaba managed to dodge it, but I was ushered into the time warp machine, unwittingly and for a moment thinking this was one of those machines that blast you with air and test for explosive residues. WRONG!

At no point did anything get explained to me about what it was, would I object etc. Now a once of dose is probably not going to harm me, but the fact I was unaware, no signage, and randomly subjected is somewhat pissing me off now the more I read about it.

Will not happen again i can guarantee. Want to physically check me for concealled weapons sure no problem, beats being nuked and I will know exactly what to expect.

Any of you guys who go through SFO regularly care to enlighten me on what the rules procedures and their obligation to explain anything at all to you?

J

Last edited by Jabawocky; 12th Nov 2010 at 06:47.