PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Nov 2010, 01:29
Yellow Pen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you may be being a bit harsh on yourself Betty. I think most flight crew still greatly value those crew who are company minded and a pleasure to work with, whether they went on strike or not. Broad brush generalisations are for the simple minded and most of us don't assume striker=bad, non-striker=good simply because we know there are plenty of toxic personalities who did not strike and plenty of excellent crew who did. The problem we face, and I suspect most other staff in other BA departments, is that nobody is banging the drum for the moderates. They are, understandably, rather more meek than the militant nutters and so don't get the praise they deserve but the derision they don't. Sadly I think it's only when the moderates 'step up to the plate' en masse that this dispute will come to a close. That may require the PCCC to come out into the open but the moderates need a rallying point to restore their reputation. The solution to the BASSA idiocy can only come from within.