PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Nov 2010, 00:23
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Pointingpilot,

I think you are right. This is one huge big mess and as a non striker I believe Bassa and Amicus have done us all a great big disservice by not negotiating properly in the beginning.

The very sad thing is, that there are great crew on both sides of the argument and we are actually just pawns in a bigger game being played out by the unions and BA. Daily I am shocked by the lack of knowledge of some crew of what is actually going on. Many are blindly going with whatever the union tells them which seems to change on a daily basis.

Now we are all being taunted by Mixed Fleet which has been introduced in the most provocative way possible. Their new desks being placed in the most prominant position possible in the Crew Report Centre right in the centre, next to the ops desk. The use of the Hat to make them look better than us current crew. Total brainwashing during the training that seems to have made the majority of Mixed Fleet CSMs actually believe that they are somehow special, even though at least 5 of them actually went on strike and at least 3 of them for the full 22 days.

But hey ho life goes on. I just wish that those that are not crew could understand just how hard this is for all crew, whether they striked or not. Most of us continue to give great service to our customers and the pressure of not being able to talk openly about how you feel, for fear of upsetting someone else with differing views, is immense and has been going on now for over a year. I as a non union member have been unable to have any say in the matter for a year now and that has now become true for union members too. We are all just pawns.