PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Nov 2010, 00:03
Wheezyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Bettygirl

I'm not sure what's "crass" about Mixed Fleet and the hats issue. The Mixed Fleet crew look great in their hats. They are being paid half of what existing crew get. E/F and W/W crew have been given the option of being issued hats providing they give up their trousers and stick to skirts, so they have had the choice - but haven't taken it up. So what's the problem with hats?

Would you be content if the new crew were just paid the lesser amount with absolutely nothing to give them pride in the new initiative? I draw your attention to an earlier post of mine when I stated my satisfaction that the new fleet is not having to fly with existing crew, the majority of whom are superb but with a sufficiently large minority to ruin morale amongst the new, enthusiastic, happy and motivated flight attendants.

Everyone in the new fleet wants to work in harmony with you but you seem to be putting up barriers to this - and it doesn't seem to make sense.