PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Nov 2010, 23:32
Pointingpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bettysgirl.. I don't often/ever post on forums but I had to come on and echo your post. I've read all the forums this evening and I see the situation exactly as you do in regards to Unites decision to 'suspend' the ballot, though everyone on the Bassa forum seems to be patting each other on the back congratulating themselves on a job well done when the tracks of the branches and unite don't seem to be running 100% parallel.

I also agree that the beginning of mixed fleet has had an interesting 'effect' on crew. Those who didn't strike and who are either members of the union or not are vocally (to me anyway) expressing they blame Bassa for it's materialization. In theory then if the status quo remains between those who went on strike and those who didn't and it remains the same in any future IA then it really seems like an end game for the union??

I don't think I'l be going on strike again. The union have walked straight into BA's trap and no amount of 'sticking together' and 'united we stand' will stop the inevitable.. all just my opinion of course.