PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2010, 22:24
d.shaw15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
like everything in life my friend its not what you know but who you know. make some contacts, meet some people who are in the industry and can open some doors for you, maybe get you the interview that you otherwise wouldnt have. I know i chose my training course because of the industry contacts involved with it. its run by an airline consultancy company who already recruit on behalf of the airlines and whos staff are on the interview and hiring panels for airlines and whom some of are still flying for part time. It may sound to some like in 'cheating' or taking the 'easy road' but you gotta do what you gotta do. these guys are getting airlines interested in us even though we only have 250hrs when we would normally be shunned by airlines for having such small hrs. its not like we are underqualified though, we each have our CPL, ATPL, MEIR, IREX and yes we may not have the experience of others but that comes with the jobs, cant gain experience without a job. We also have access to around 12 different sims when the time comes to type. yeah the training cost a lot, and i researched for about 24 months before choosing a course, but its no more than if i had of done it anywhere else.

Long story short go make some contacts. might not get you a job but gets your foot in the door for an interview at least.