PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2010, 17:31
LEEDS APPROACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LBIA

Hi,

I could understand your rant wawkrk if the airport infrastructure was not going to be vastly improved in the next year. On the face of it there does seem to have been a long frustrating period of delay. This delay is largely due to our local politicians that sold the airport to a company that guaranteed large scale investment and then, having received the millions ££££, the council then placed obstacles in that companies way. Why aren't the roads big enough to the airport? Because the council who at that time owned the airport didn't want to spend any money on making a new road to the airport (despite it being in the council's LBIA masterplan). Get on and build the new road council!!! It is your responsibility not the new owners of the airport. This is what i pay my taxes for.

If Bridgepoint were to sell on the airport (I hope they wont for years), who could blame them. All this to contend with in a deep recession. LBIA is not a shambles and is only set to improve.

Tony Hallwood is a bright star. Who got him in wawkrk? Bridgepoint that's who. They went for one of the best route getters in the business and that is why our passenger numbers are growing while virtually every other airport is in decline. Wawkrk go on the Blackpool, Teesside, Manchester, Doncaster etc etc threads and read about turned off travelators, airport development taxes, airports closing at 9pm to save money and airlines pulling out left right and centre and dropping passenger numbers and then think about LBIA and things might not feel that bad. Unless you know differently the development is very close to commencing despite, I say again, an extremely difficult financial climate. I would like to say well done to Bridgepoint

LEEDS APP.