PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 9th Nov 2010, 20:36
Meal Chucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Bassa to call for strike action they need Unites permission, once given then only Bassa can call the action off. Unite has already stated that this deal is the best that can be achieved by negotiation in the present climate, so I think that Unite will refuse to support a strike ballot as previous strikes have failed to have the desired affect.

Both branches have already been complaining of this -

Originally Posted by DH/Bassa
This almost pains me to say but we must also be cognisant of a third person in all this. Unite. If the reps had rejected this deal or gone to ballot with a recommendation to reject (WW permitting) would we get the full support from Unite if the vote was No? We will never know the answer to that but this way if the vote is No - ie rejection - then Unite will have no other choice but to back another industrial action ballot. They are on record saying that. This too had an influence on how BASSA came to decide the way we did.
Originally Posted by CC89
This came at the end of a great deal of soul searching and the profound feeling that this has indeed become a two dog fight. Sadly, it seems it has become Unite and British Airways vs Amicus and Bassa. We are being held to ransom at every turn. How ridiculous is it that we have to sweet talk Unite and kowtow to them in order to get the promise of an industrial action ballot, when it is your right to have one, if that is what you want. Indeed, you have been screaming that at us and them for months now. What more must you do? Reject this offer for the third time? So be it.
If they are allowed to ballot, personally I think Xmas is out of the window but there has been talk on BF and CF of targeting Jan 21st.