PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2010, 18:20
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pwalhx -

I agree with you; I have visited several hundred airports spanning five continents and I rate MAN amongst the top 10% of those I have experienced. Hopefully my earlier postings, and my posting history, will leave readers in no doubt that I am broadly supportive of MAN. However, specific issues arise at every airport location and MAN is no exception. IMO, it is tough to stay at the top table; there is no room for complacency. So I believe that it is important to identify and openly discuss issues which may leave customers with a negative impression the place. It is far easier for a business to retain an existing satisfied customer than recruit a new one. So lets not antagonize a significant minority of our customer base with a completely avoidable own-goal. Especially one with an obvious technological solution available at relatively modest cost.

We could compile a (very) long list of things which MAN does well, but is there an appetite for that on here? Of course, the alternative is to give the impression of dwelling on negative issues. I think it is important to give credit for things which are done well. I do try to do that. But conversely, shortcomings should be tackled head on and not brushed under the carpet to give the impression that everything is perfect. Where there is room for improvement - especially "low hanging fruit" such as getting the escalators right - it is worth pursuing.

I agree also that this discussion has overshadowed all other news. But then again, there hasn't been much of that lately. Perhaps we should be careful what we wish for!

Thanks for your feedback. SHED.