PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2010, 09:32
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you that an airline is unlikely to withdraw purely because they as a company don't like the facilities (Ryanair being a possible exception

Ryanair withdrew due to price, not facilities.

I think my main bone of contention is, that of all the people I have known travel through MAN, and there are many, not ONE complained about lack of working travelators.
It is kind of anal, put it this way, would you refuse to use a generic high street store if their escalator was switched off?

At MAN, there are always options:

Airside:

If you are genuinly unable to walk the distance, then there is help available, whatever you say

Landside:

Busses take you to the car parks, and there are pick up/drop off points right outside if you need to use them. Yes the walk from the station to T1/T2 is long, but, they have luggage trolleys to help with, so why are you all 'lugging' them around? Seems you are deliberatly making it difficult for yourselves???

An issue which can be easily resolved with a straightforward solution (fitting motion sensors). And that solution offers the benefit of reducing energy costs as a bonus.

You make it sound easier than it is! You have to completely re-wire the on/off switches, fit the motion sensors and then certify them. Its an expensive and awkward process if the escalator is not already fitted with such a device.

Can I just say this is getting tedious now. First we had all the hoo-haa of how disgusting it was that a plane arrived at gate on time, now MAN is a regional let down because passengers have to walk!
Whats going to be next on your list of MAN let downs? That there are no men wearing flat caps with whippets on leads representing the true essense of the north?!?!?
Its always the same thing with Britain. Quick to blast soemthing when its wrong but not enough priase when its right.
What about the fact we are winning awards, so someone seems to like MAN for all your tantrums. What about the fact we handled A380's on scheduled service with no prior testing. No, I presume you happily overlook things like that.