PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You are off radar
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2010, 18:36
malecontrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Spitoon that was a lot of help.

We don't 'identify' the traffic in the control zone because, as everyone agrees we can't since we are not radar rated.

But we have a procedure that says: If you lose the blip of an arrival make it descend to 500ft. If Mode C is U/S make it descend to 500ft. If you lose the blip or Mode C is not working of a departure don't let it climb above 2500ft. (Talking about only VFR traffic within the CTZ)

That is what leads to my original question. All say, I can't identify because I am not providing any radar service. Neither can I terminate a radar service because I never began one. But when I lose the blip I must be able tell the pilot that I just lost him and I got him when he appears back on, in standard phraseology. So what is the standard phraseology? I guess none.

Now personally what I do is, I use normal spoken English....but most of the others 'identify' them, because it's easier to say so.

Nafen you say in Australia 'identified' is used for traffic visible on radar. Does that mean that in Australia identified does not necessarily mean you are providing actual radar service that is application of speed and vectoring?

Am I dumb or what?

Anyway thank you all for your input, you guys have helped a lot.