PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 6th Nov 2010, 17:12
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colonel White said,
Even if the offer is rejected, will they then go for a strike ballot for January ? A time when flights have lighter loads ? If they let it drag on into next year, believing that the next best opportunity will be Easter 2011, how many of the 'faithhful' are prepared to hang on that long ? Oh sure the Miss M's will huff and puff and proclaim that they would 'fight this to the bitter end', but there is a deal of difference between what they say and what they will do.
I agree with the above.
In my experience of flying with crew who have taken industrial action, I think most of them are worn out by this whole dispute and would like to see an end to it. Only yesterday, I flew with someone who said that they will not be taking further industrial action and this individual is one of many. Most will talk the talk but few will walk the walk.

With lighter loads as Colonel White mentioned, and a reduction in the amount of work that we're used to, this will also result in lack of rest day working for those who supplement their income by overtime. This having an impact on crew's earnings, I also cannot see the support that the strike had previously.

On another point of interest, now that Staff Travel has been re-instated on an ID90 basis, will the Branch Secretary use his wife's concessions for standby travel or accompany her on a Christmas trip perhaps? Not relevant I know, but just being mischievous!