PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Standbys
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2010, 15:32
UK Viking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is not only the FO's having more SB's, I finally got the base that I wanted this year but since April I have been send out of base almost 30% of the time (Contract says EXPECT about 20%)and now I am getting more and more SB's, in a few weeks even 3 in a row. If this continues I see no other way but looking elsewhere even though it is far away, mortgage etc. has to be paid.

It would be appreciated to have some kind of minimum confirmed hours from BRK pr. year, just to be able to make some kind of a budget. Another thing is, I am often told that BRK pilots earn more than FR pilots ?

I can only speak for my self, and for the time being I do get a net pay about the same as my fellow colleges in Rayanair after having paid pension and short time loss of license semilar to what they get, based on about 850 hours a year and with the current exhange rate !!
As Ryanair states, if I don't like to be here I am free to leave, fact is I like my job a lot, my colleges and the equiptment are top quality, sad the pay does'nt match up anymore.