PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 6th Nov 2010, 00:39
Doug Down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have a question for you guys . . earlier this year I completed a PPL at Bodmin and have around 140 hours to my name and was thinking of a winter project to keep the mind busy through the colder months and to keep me out of the pub also.

The ATPL theory looks like the way to go which should serve as a potential stepping stone to other things but as I am 43, I would like to know roughly what chances I have of getting jobs flying in wierd and wonderful places in small / medium / large prop jobs given that I am relatively free from all of the usual anchors that hold us back (wife / job / kids etc).

Not too fussed about a massive wage as have generated an alternative income so would be up for working for some funky outfit somewhere regardless.

Am I deluded that there may be jobs out there for balding blokes with a bit of life experience as opposed to young enthusiasic academic spottty blokes who can pass exams easily?