PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DLR
Thread: DLR
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2010, 11:40
Raven1972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI Guys,
Just to follow up on my recent posts...
I talked with the Psychologist in DLR and it seems that I passed all the tests except for the MIC (Monitoring and Instrument Coordination).
My conclusion to this is that you should buy the Skytest if it does indeed contain training software for the MIC. It seems strange to me that DLR provide samples for all other tests except the MIC given that their philosophy is to allow to to practice until you reach a plateau of your ability whereby your skills are then properly verified. Given that I never had a chance to fly the MIC before and given that if you fly it like an aircraft you will fail it doesn't seem to me to be a proper gauge of you abilities. Rather its like playing a video game for the first time and not succeeding (unsurprising).
It certainly may be good for someone without Aviation training. An 18 yr old straight out of school who hasn't been trained to specifically fly a certain way and not over-control......
So, I guess spend the money on the Skytest and don't HOPE that you will master the MIC first time round in a high pressure environment....