PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 11 hurt in 1Time evacuation
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2010, 01:18
PLovett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem lies with the pax. They do not listen to briefings, they are arrogant, they are ignorant and they all think they are better than the one sitting next to them.
You are absolutely correct. I recently had to travel across Australia and back using 2 different carriers for the outward and return legs. On both carriers the briefings were comprehensive but were, by the majority of pax, completely ignored.

However, what stunned me was on descent into Hobart, following the announcement that all electronic devices were to be turned off etc. the pax sitting next to me spent the whole approach texting on his mobile. If the weather had been anything other than CAVOK I would have called for a flight attendant as a friend of mine did when the pax next to him was calling on her mobile just as the aircraft was about to commence an ILS in very ordinary weather. In that case the FA spoke rather sternly to the offending pax who then spent the rest of the flight glaring daggers at my friend.

In reality pax think that it will never happen to them and that the restrictions should not apply to them either. It is about time for the airlines to start prosecuting for these breaches but of course they never will because of pax backlash. Perhaps they should just let them burn.