PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 22:57
ironchefflay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wasnt the Korean crash CFIT in bad weather?

as for the 332L2 accident last year, i could be argued that there was a design issue with the gearboxes that prevented discovery of the problem.

i wont go into detail as im not sure what detail is in the public domain, so im not going to get in to it. also because i knew somone who was onboard the flight.

there does seem to be an element of selective disgruntledness going on here. there have been a number of incidents involving the S92 but equally there have been problems with with the Puma, weather it be the L, L2 or 225 and every other aircraft in the indusrty! we fly all heavy and medium types in popular use for offshore crewchange and police/EMS and every aircraft has its problems. my personal experience with the aircraft as an engineer, is that it is much more reliable that the Puma including the 225. but thats just a personal opinion, not backed up by any facts or figures.

one point i would make before making any comment. read the report that has been published so far and in particular, the configuration and actions of the aircraft before ditching. i am making no claims about anything. i just think you should make sure you are aware of the facts that have been revealed so far.

Last edited by ironchefflay; 3rd Nov 2010 at 23:09.