PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerobatics - what are the options?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 22:26
18greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rather than teaching the AOPA syllabus, they'll teach you the maneuvers you want to a very high standard, then clear you for those maneuvers and let you practice them solo. I thought a loop and roll was all I wanted to learn, but having flown them for a while, I think I might be ready for some new moves
I'm moved to comment on this statement, mainly because its hard to see how anyone can teach any manoeuver without covering the aopa course. The course doesn't really teach aeros but what to do if it goes pears. (But if you can tell me how I'd be keen to know)

Anyone can belittle the syllabus because it has no perceived teeth (no exam - how can it be any good) but I doubt there is a serious aeros pilot that wasn't happy for the advice covering the basic ballistic UP recovery, spin training and how to pull out from an inverted VNE dive (roll before you pulll...) . Once that is over you can happily spend the rest of your life learning how to scew up (do) loops etc...

Oh and don't think I'm writing this because of the desire to exercise my removed no aeros instructor rating because other peoples aeros are scary...(mine are ace).