PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 21:28
squib66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horror box

I agree with you with regard to the TRDS postioning being a positive. The fact remains the testing for the S-92 was with a smaller bird than the BCAR AS332L2 testing.

The newer S-92 floats were said to have a 'limited SS6' capacity in the Canadian public inquiry. The original floats, as used at the time by Cougar, were SS5 with just 3 bags.

I for one can still remember where I was when I heard about the April 2009 AS332L2 accident. The difference in that case is that there are no indications that this was caused by an known inadequate feature that had made it through certification on a technicality.

I commend you for aiming to use real performance data. In your accident analysis you have missed the first (non-fatal) S-92 accident (the Korean aircraft). For clarification I have 3 questions:

1. Can you confirm if all the AS332 family accidents were hull losses?

2. Can you also confirm how many the AS332 family accidents were fatal accidents?

3. Can you also confirm how many the AS332 family accidents were civil accidents?

4. What proportion of the AS332 family accidents were 'operational' rather than 'airworthiness' accidents?