PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 20:21
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cough

Not actually anti-union myself but just trying to point-out that members of ANY union have to be realistic about what they want/expect from a union. I think people also may need to seriously rethink their relationship with BA which has in many cases been poisoned by the vitriol so often put-about by bassa. On standing back a little, opening their minds and thinking, many would probably see that they themselves could help change the employee/employer relationship and make it much healthier than it is. Personal responsibility I suppose.

TBH, most crew (myself included) simply joined bassa (or in a very few cases cc89) shortly after starting flying without question or thought. It was just what everyone did. Looking back, I can't believe I was so niave as to agree to part with £s on a monthly basis to an organisation that I knew virtually nothing about. Luckily for me, I saw the light over 18 months ago, and resigned from bassa when they proved themselves unable to deal with members asking real questions.