PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This is getting a bit ridiculous! EK 797 to DKR
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 20:06
a747jb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is getting a bit ridiculous! EK 797 to DKR

Hi guys,

I'm rarely a poster and this is my first thread to be started here, but holy cow, I can't believe my eyes in the pairings this month. EK 797 to DKR operates 2 crew on a 10 hour 55 minute flight. That equals an 1155 minute duty day. If you really want to look at closer, that is 1310 minutes from pickup plus what it takes to get to the hotel. I know its a day flight, and the duty day legal limit due to this is 12 hours 30 minutes, but come on. If we don't fill out a fatigue report on this each and every flight things will never get better here. Show me an office guy at EK who does a 12 hour day with no lunch break outside his office. This is just down right crazy, so please fill out those ASR's. To make matters worse, on the days with a 24 hour layover, we actually deadhead a guy in the back on this flight to fly a 9 hour flight back. Why not both ways? Feel free to beat me to a bloody pulp if you don't agree, but I find this to really really be pushing the envelope. If we don't stand up on this one, we will definitely show we will do anything here and there will be a smokign hole in the ground. That may be putting too much opinion into it, but we take 3 guys to Perth on a 1050 minute flight, why do we deserve less flying across the horn of Africa. I really would be interested to hear what everyone has to say about this. Maybe its just me over reacting. But if not, please please please refuse to leave base in discretion (both Captains and F.O.'s) for any reason on this flight and fill out those ASR's and fatigue reports on every single flight!!!!