PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHAMPTON
Thread: SOUTHAMPTON
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2010, 19:32
adfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its good to be ambitious!!-the same thing happens in many of the threads for smaller airports such as Bournemouth and Doncaster and even some larger airports such as Manchester. On a more realistic note (!) does anyone know when Flybe plan to base some 175's here and how many will be based. At the moment the first two are going to GCI for the LGW route next summer so I would guess that W11/12 would be when we first start seeing them at SOU - you never know we may even get an odd one at the end of S11!! For an extra 14 flights each day (which is what the news article says (~10 for new routes and ~4 for extra frequency's on existing routes) FlyBe would need to base 4 or 5 at SOU depending on how many return flights they do each day (3 or 4) and at the moment I don't think there is sufficient stand capacity for this so it looks like BAA better get building some of the new stands east of the runway to accommodate them. On a sidenote how many aircraft do FLyBe currently base in SOU - last time I heard it was 7x DH4's and 3x E95's - has anything changed recently?