PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SWISS - Once a fine airline, now.....
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2002, 14:11
theblipdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to define safety??????

to 126.9

so, you prefer to fly with other "safer" airlines? like lufthansa, which almost crashed an airbus because of a mis-connection of the captains joystick? or like alitalia, which smacked a dc9 on the stadlerberg, because of a catastrophic CRM? or like SIN, departing on a wrong runway?
how do suggest that swiss is less safe than others? i know many people which told me about some procedures in THEIR airline. it's not better than swiss...it's just that in some other countries the culture of ripping the own airlines on the front page of yellow press is not as developed in switzerland and after all, it has to do with good or bad luck.
have a look on some homepages of accident investigation boards. it's best to never fly again and take the train. (oh. sorry...forgot eschede). as far as i know, no airline is 100% safe. if you can prove the opposite, go ahead, but no "airline xxx has never crashed an airline in the last xxx years". to have a safe airline you have to remove the human factor. and that's definetly impossible!!!

cheers