PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 31st Oct 2010, 22:19
Wobbler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs
Now that BA have returned to profit, albeit a small one, do any of you agree that an SOSR dismissal will be harder to justify?
A half year profit of £158 million does not make BA a viable company. That figure is just about what it costs to buy a new A380. With an ageing fleet of over 200 aircraft - it would take 100 years to replace the fleet! BA needs to be making a lot more than that now in order to replace aircraft in the medium term or it will cease to be.

ILS27Left
The law on strike discrimination and punishments is very clear and an Employer can never discriminate legal strikers for their legal strike action, directly or indirectly.
I am a complete legal numpty - but googling "industrial action and the law" I can only find references to protected action and being sacked (Employmet Relations Act 2004 I think) - in that it would automatically be unfair. However I can find no reference to any other sanction an employer may care to use. Could you provide a reference please?