PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 31st Oct 2010, 19:40
pcat160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BASSA’s latest news update regarding Staff Travel is quite a lot of double talk. However, one should note the last paragraph.

Members who want to pursue claims for past staff entitlements lost due to the dispute should not be prevented from supporting the High Court action by signing the statement now or in the future. Those members who do sign, may be prevented from pursuing claims for future loss of staff travel if they accept BA's wording.

My interpretation of this is that if one signs the ST conditions their ability to claim compensation subsequent to the date of signing may be jeopardized. BASSA, by claiming they do not know when the current language first appeared, is not telling members that their legal advisors have concluded they may have already compromised their ability to pursue claims. My conclusions may be incorrect and it would not be the first time, but given BASSA’s record for misrepresentation I find the excuse of not knowing when the language first appeared to be a smoke screen.