PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 31st Oct 2010, 18:34
MPN11

Received 135 Likes on 63 Posts
@ Neptunus Rex ... do you honestly think the majority of the travelling public actually care any more? I personally think most people have realised that 'forward bookings' are perfectly safe, especially the 'front end' community where the BA revenue mainly comes from.

There might be an occasional Media input in the "Daily Troublemaker" but for the majority of people with money to fly BA ... they will. BASSA has become 'last week's story' and they, IMO, really don't care any more. The LCC travellers can mutter about O'Leary's latest £££ gathering exercise, and 'Orange Thing's' whatever, but the reality is that the UK's premium, proper carrier is in business, making a profit and ... there are apparently some CC causing a bit of a rumble in the background. Businesses and leisure pax are booking regardless [apart from the occasional headless hen].

IMO, the tedious on-going dispute is now being conducted by a toothless gerbil with arthritis. Irrelevance doesn't really come into the equation ... BASSA has become background noise, largely because of the stupidity of its supposed 'leadership'.

"I'm really scared of arthritic toothless gerbils, Mum. Can we fly with AA instead?"
"Don't be silly, dear ... it's "The World's Favourite Airline". I'll bring your own breakfast, though."