PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 31st Oct 2010, 11:59
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Flaps62,
Don't forget that 1000 of us have signed the offer. So the scenario you suggest of all the good routes going to Mixed Fleet is just fiction.

Those that signed the offer have an undertaking that it will be done in a fair and transparent way.

If the strikers don't accept the offer things will just carry on as now. The only difference being that the strikers wont get there full staff travel back in 2013.

I doubt that they will strike because I doubt they would get a mandate for that but maybe the staff travel debacle will carry on in the courts. Who knows.

BA have managed to get huge savings from reduced crew compliments and further savings will amass as Mixed Fleet grows and this will grow as Current crew leave through natural wastage and retirements.

So BA I am sure are very happy with the situation.

If however, a few diehards do get the mandate to strike, no doubt BA might take advantage and get rid of them.Who knows! One thing I do know is that BA are currently making huge savings right now.