PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weather information in FliteDeck (JeppView)....
Old 31st Oct 2010, 10:18
dypen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Thank you for the feedback with your experience and detailed answers! It was good to get a answers of the weather service in FlightDeck! The price you enter is not quite right, Jeppesen has deals on this software and if you send a email and ask about the deals you've got it!

I had the "VFR Manual Norway" printed edition that I upgraded to JeppView that comes with FlightDeck for pleasant 109.74 EUR which is for all first year with electronic updates. Subsequent annual subscription is 70 EUR.

I just received the product so I have not tested them yet!

I also found another user's experience of JeppView on the net i quote her:
Jeppesen offered in January 2009 transition to the online edition JeppView. Then you also get Jeppesen FlightDeck for use on laptop with GPS antenna in the cockpit.

This provides a number of advantages:
- Avoid the constant media updates
- Excellent flight-planning on the PC with automatic printing of the route, along the way maps, airport maps, airport info, approach maps, all updated to latest version
- Half price for 10x functionality

Sees no point in having brought a large book in the cockpit with a map of all airports in the Region. I take a map of all locations for the current tour. If you still want to have all maps for Norway / Scandinavia, it is better to put the laptop in flybag's than a large book. I have fully electronic planning. Are you a trip down in Europe, you can easily buy online map for the trip.

Have gone through everything in Jeppesen View, and must say that this was good stuff. Would strongly recommend going over to the electronic edition.

FliteDeck in the plane: According to the presentation video for Jeppesen FliteDeck runs only under Windows. So it must be a Tablet PC running Windows. The market is rather thin (non-existent), as all the iPad competitors I know of, running Android.
JeppView Electronic Charting - Jeppesen Aviation Supplies

YouTube - Aero-TV: Jeppview Flight Deck -- Easy, Accessible Paperle...