PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers in the Cockpit/Doors locked.
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2010, 09:48
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And, the same FODCOM carries this section:

1.3 For larger aircraft, the National Aviation Security Programme controls access to the flight deck. This FODCOM only applies where that Programme does not prohibit the carriage of passengers on the flight deck.

And there are some enlightened EU governments and operators (I think the majority) who allow common sense and the judgement of the crew to to prevail and control access. The idiots are the ones who create blanket rules without fully thinking through the repercussions of their legislation.

Please, don't misinterpret my comment above and believe that I'm against security. Far from it. But what I won't put up with the clap-trap and ridiculous rules designed by the numpties in DfT and enforced locally by the brainless morons at airports. Yet again we have seen how pointless our internal systems are as it takes a tip-off and two searches before we unload a "viable device" from one aircraft, put it on another and eventually load it on an helicopter. This is a clear case of the lunatics running the asylum. Whatever happens next, short of changing foreign policy, won't make anything safer anywhere.

My recommendation, get some earplugs - we'll need them.

PM