PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 31st Oct 2010, 04:41
EmmaC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's try to define 'dedicated' crew. Are they dedicated to their employer/their customers or themselves and their Union.
Whether or not you have a democratic & legal right to withdraw your labour, you also have a duty to your employer. The question is, who is your employer and who pays your wages. Is it Unite/Bassa or is it BA? Time and again I hear/have heard the expression 'well has the Union agreed to this' and 'the Union said we shouldn't do this' etc. Well I didn't fill in an application form to work for 'the Union' and they do not pay my salary at the end of every month. I work in customer service for BA because I believe in the Company, I take pride in serving the customers and I am dedicated in getting them from A to B which, as an airline is our job and 'customer service' is my role.
I have read many posts over a long period of time on Pprune, I have worked for 2 international competitors to BA, and I have worked in the 'outside' world too! Change is necessary. Who is leading you into this fight or are you being led? Make an INFORMED decision.