PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yes but, do we really need CASA.
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2010, 03:32
Rose_Thorns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh spare me.

Yea though we walk through the valley of no sense of humor.

Sycophants with their deck chairs please exit through the large pink door marked Ostrich, find a comfy (compliant) spot and wait for the show. The industry is close to a legislative and standards crisis, and those who wallow at the food through may watch, for free, while it implodes. (No energy left for explosion).

Imagine just for minute, Bloggs and Smith prang a Dash 8, the PIC was just at minimum 'legal' standard and the other bloke was a sprog (right or wrong ,. not my fight), what the media would do to the government, the department and the poor sodding company. Change of government, fair call, loss of an operator, probably, change at CASA, not bloody likely.

The industry, and only the industry will set and maintain 'standards', not the administrator. The administrator can only legislate 'minimum' standards for compliance. (No problem with this on a stand alone basis).

But when administrative policy is used to override or circumvent the law, when a whole sectors of the industry are slowly going nuts trying to work out selective, subjective compliance and, you can just about go to jail for farting on the ramp (rightly so), then it's time to take a stand.

Lets get this in some form of perspective, between 1988 and 2003 there were 19 separate inquiries (Refer Morris – to Darling), this includes parliamentary, judicial etc. In fact it is the sheer frequency and number of inquiries, into this outfit compared to other federal government departments that must at least beg some answers to these questions.

We are a standing joke in countries like NZ and PNG. Why is there is not a queue around the block to adopt Australian systems. So, yes I believe it Is it about time that someone read this cr$%p and took it seriously, for once.

If that ruffles a few egos, so be it. Time to remove ego from ear hole, accept the facts and get this bloody mess sorted.

End of rant.