PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Oct 2010, 21:14
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs

Surely the dilemma that those who don't believe the offer to be the best possible in the present circumstances face, is that they do not have a clear picture of what would constitute a better offer. It's a bit like going shopping for a new coat. You cast aside lots of options, not because they are bad, but because they don't quite hit the mark. You don't know what the mark is but kid yourself that you'll 'know it when you see it'. So you spend day after day in a fruitless search. Eventually you may find that ideal coat, the trouble is that it is now the height of summer and you don't need it. I'm not convinced that the hard core BASSA members want staff travel back, or ACAS arbitration, or the pay rise. If they did, they would be talking about accepting the deal on offer. I think they have genuinely forgotten what this dispute was about. The trouble is that the rest of the airline isn't going to sit around waiting for them to work out what they really, really want. So they get sidelined and will have to run to catch up with the rest of the workforce. I have no idea what these people are seeking. Does anyone else have a clue ?