PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Oct 2010, 18:39
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss M's post sums up the BASSA problem, who controls the rostering, routing and deployment of the Cabin Crew? BA or BASSA?

Sadly there are no guarantees in this world. I truely wish there were and I am well aware that the department I work in will be negotiating constantly to maintain the status quo but I am very aware that guarantees mean nothing.

The transfer of routes is, surely, up to the company? That is why they have the analysts, the financiers the lawyers the managers etc. etc. etc. Not up to BASSA with all of their expertise in the world of corporate airlines.

Promotion based on productivity? Hmmm, how many other people reading this have that in the workplace? Probably most!

As has been said before, the current financial state of the company is down to the revised business plan implemented a year ago and showing its benefit now. The company cannot reneage on that plan and, as such, will impose the changes required on the only department not to have negotiated a deal.

Reap what you sow.