PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2010, 18:05
dangermouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
official document use

playing devils advocate the ONLY documentation a crew should use is the officially certified documentation supplied with the aircraft i.e the RFM, not sales brochures, press briefings or hearsay. Aircrew are not in possession of all the facts regarding how an aircraft is certified and on what basis the RFM actions are generated, so it MUST be the aircrews bible.

The assumptions on which that RFM was written may in the future be shown to be invalid but at the time of the accident it was certified independently.

fh youu are right the FAA and SAC both need to review their safety assumptions and the basis under which the S92 is declared compliant with FAR, because as far as I can see it can't be. The big question in my mind is why is the aircraft STILL flying under a Category A clearance when it is clear that 'extremely remote' isn't.

Again, the EH101 and I believe the Aw139 and the EC225 family do actually HAVE a 30 minute dry run capability, designed, proven and certified. That means you fill the box, drain it out and run at flight powers for 30 minutes, with authority wintesses.

DM