PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2010, 16:55
500e

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Think I posted that page back some, It clearly states 30 Min run dry, I also appreciate the RFM might say different BUT & a big But there I am Gbox oil pressure Going or gone X passengers 2 crew Sea state 2\3 Mtrs Temp -3\4 or lower.
I now have to make a decision, do if I put it down now, or use the mythical 30 minutes! after-all I did see it in a Sikorsky tech sheet, if I land now, there is a fair chance a No.of people will die in the water.
I do not know if this was the thought process but it seems logical, get down low in case it feels as if it is tightening up then we put it in the sea.
If the pilot had followed the FRC & there had been deaths, the pilot would be in the clear,but then who would have held up the tech Info sheet & said he should have flown it back
I went in water in relative warmth of English channel & 400 mm sea state was fished out in under quarter hour with mild hypothermia, admittedly not in survival suit but 2 layers of good quality ocean racing water proofs.
Whatever the outcome these people are gone there may be faults on all sides but the folk left have lost near & dear I don't think I would be to calm either,