PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 29th Oct 2010, 11:29
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I find annoying with BASSA is the fact that they don't do anything that indicates they are part of any negotiations at any level (Unite included).
Whenever I have been involved in consultative ballots, (a very handy tool IMO), we always agreed with the company on the communication of any offers being made. This was to ensure that the correct message was getting across and neither side could dilute or distort the facts. This was done whether recommending acceptance or not.
Once the ballot had gone out then we had a policy of only answering any questions posed by members concerning the ballot in line with the recommendation given.
So if the recommendation was for acceptance then that is the message that should be given.
This should be the way to go even if you don't agree with the recommendation as a rep. At the end of the day it should have been agreed by the majority of reps. (which makes me think this is not a BASSA agreed recommendation).
On many an occasion I have had to push a recommendation I didn't necessarily agree with. That's the way it goes and it comes with the territory unfortunately....