PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Don't believe it! Common sense1!
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2010, 09:41
CRayner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some confusion here..

Having heard the man make his point on the radio on the day it reported, I think there is some confusion of what he said by people who clearly did not listen to it. He was complaining about the removal of shoes, belts, etc. prior to departure. This has been enacted worldwide to allay fears generated by people who have attempted to commit suicide and take as many others, preferably American infidels, with them, although the Americans will presumably be turned away at the entry gates to the paradise they delude themselves into thinking they will be going to. I daresay that if paradise is populated with even a small percentage of actual or potential suicide bombers then I and many others would think very seriously before deciding whether or not to go in.

It seems to me that he has a legitimate beef. This costly and ineffective activity has given a lot of companies an opportunity to employ otherwise unemployable *rseh*les at low wages to act out their fantasies of totalitarian state police. I have had more than enough of the humourless and stupid attitude of these people who delight in subjecting people who well outrank them in almost every human virtue to meaningless humiliation. I now take my holidays at home and rarely travel internationally. I doubt that I am alone in this, indeed, as I am usually accompanied by my wife there are two of us who have cut down our travel by air to almost zero. I am sure there are many more. This can do no good to the airline industry, it imposes huge costs, and diminishes their turnover. You can see why they complain. As others have pointed out, El Al and Tel Aviv have been coping with this problem for far longer and to much greater effect with less interference than imposed elsewhere.

Then there are the indignities and pointless rituals involved in immigration. So far as I can see this is a matter to be decided by the competent authorities of the state being entered. If it has been decided by them that non-nationals may only enter their borders completely naked with their genitals painted fluorescent orange and a telescope up their fundament then that is their prerogative. I shan't be going there in such a case, and it will only be their loss.